(Ken Silva, Headline USA) Former First Lady Melania Trump released a video Tuesday addressing the assassination attempt against Donald Trump for the first time publicly.
In her video, Melania urges the public to get to the bottom of what happened on July 13 in Butler, Pennsylvania.
โThe attempt to end my husbandโs life was a horrible, stressful experience. Now, the silence around it feels heavy. I canโt help but wonder: Why didnโt law enforcement officials arrest the shooter before the speech?โ she asked.
โThere is definitely more to this story, and we need to uncover the truth.โ
Melaniaโs video linked to her website, which is promoting her forthcoming memoirs.
According to Trump, his First Lady was watching the Butler rally live when the shooting happened.
โShe couldnโt believe it. She was actually watching it live, can you imagine? And then I get up, and I let people know I was okay,โ Trump said in an interview last month with Fox News host Mark Levin.
โShe couldnโt believe it. She was actually watching it live, can you imagine? And then I get up, and I let people know I was OK,โ he said.
Trump also said hisย youngest son,ย Barron, learned of theย assassinationย attempt against his father during a tennis lesson.
โBarron was outside having a tennis lesson,โย Trump, 78, told Levin. โHeโs a good tennis player. And somebody ran up and said, โBarron! Barron! Your fatherโs been shot!โ โฆ โHe loves his father. Heโs a good kid, good student, good athlete actually โ and he ran, โMom! Whatโs going on? Whatโs going on?โโ
Trump also said Melania doesnโt like thinking about the attack.
โWhen I could talk to people I said, โSo what was your feeling?โ, and she said she canโt even talk about it, which is okay because that means she likes me,โ he said.
Ken Silva is a staff writer at Headline USA. Follow him at twitter.com/jd_cashless.




