Skip to content
Independent reporting

Pro-War Democrats Want DOJ to Charge Trump for Allegedly Pushing Gaza Ceasefire

Pro-War Democrats Want DOJ to Charge Trump for Allegedly Pushing Gaza Ceasefire
Share X Facebook Email

(Ken Silva, Headline USA) Donald Trump is allegedly working behind the scenes to encourage Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to accept a cease-fire deal in Gazaโ€”and Democrats are smearing and pushing to criminally charge him for his efforts.

Axios first reported Trumpโ€™s apparent peacemaking efforts last week, writing that Trump called Netanyahu on August 14 to discuss the Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal.

โ€œOne source said Trumpโ€™s call was intended to encourage Netanyahu to take the deal, but stressed he didnโ€™t knowย if this is indeed what the former president told Netanyahu,โ€ Axios reported.

At first, the Axios story didnโ€™t receive much publicityโ€”perhaps because the allegation focused on Trump seeking peace, which would make it difficult for Democrats to attack him for.

But on Monday night, PBS reporter Judy Woodruff injected new life in the story by making an unfounded allegation that Trump discouraged the ceasefire. Woodruff allegedโ€”with absolutely no evidenceโ€”that Trump wants the war to continue because it would hurt Kamala Harris.

โ€œThe reporting is that former President Trump is on the phone with the Prime Minister of Israel, urging him not to cut a deal right now, because itโ€™s believed that would help the Harris campaign,โ€ said PBSโ€™s Woodruff Monday nightโ€”getting the original reporting completely backwards.

Thanks to Woodruffโ€™s disinformation, Democrats are now alleging that Trumpโ€™s call violated the Logan Act, which prohibits unauthorized private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments on behalf of the U.S. ย Democratic National Committeeย member David Atkins said Trumpโ€™s call with Netanyahu would be a โ€œmassive crimeโ€ if it indeed happened, according to Newsweek.

Netanyahuโ€™s office has denied that any phone call took place or that ceasefire discussions took place. Woodruff apologized for reporting unconfirmed information on Wednesdayโ€”though she neglected to mention that she botched the original reporting.

While a phone call between Trump and Netanyahu may not have taken place, Trump said in an interview with Fox News last month that Israel needs to end the war in Gaza as soon as possible and bring back the hostages.

Trump reportedly told Fox News the war should end fast โ€œbecause they are getting decimated with this publicity, and you know Israel is not very good at public relations.โ€

Ken Silva is a staff writer at Headline USA. Follow him at twitter.com/jd_cashless.

Source

Share X Facebook Email

The Daily Brief

The essential stories, without the noise.

A concise briefing delivered directly to your inbox.

Free to join. Unsubscribe any time.

Powered by Reach Response