(Ken Silva, Headline USA) Journalist Susan Crabtree reported Monday that a Secret Service agent involved in security preparations for the deadly July 13 Trump rally is under investigation for posting work-related content on social media.
โThe agent is now under the microscope not only for her role in devising the security plan for the rally.ย Sheโs also facing internal scrutiny for posting videos and photos from her protective assignments to social media,โ Crabtree reported.
EXCLUSIVE: A Secret Service special agent partially responsible for developing the plan to secure the rally where former President Trump was nearly assassinated is under internal agency investigation for POSTING VIDEOS AND PHOTOS FROM HER PROTECTIVE ASSIGNMENTS TO SOCIALโฆ
โ Susan Crabtree (@susancrabtree) August 12, 2024
Crabtree, who didnโt identify the agent out of concerns for her safety, said some of the social media posts came from Mar-a-Lago.
โA sunset to be grateful for โฆโ one of the agentโs post reportedly stated, including a heart and sunset emojis and the hashtags โ#nofilter #southflorida #thankful #workmode โฆโ
According to Crabtree, the agent in question served as the official site agent for the July 13 Butler event that ended in an assassination attempt wounding Donald Trump in the ear and killing rally-goer Corey Comperatore in front of his family.
โAs a member of Trumpโs 60-member regular detail, the agent was responsible for helping formulate the security plan for the event, although she was mostly focused on the inner perimeter,โ Crabtree reported.
โShe also joined forces with the eventโs lead agent, a woman from the Secret Serviceโs Pittsburgh Field Office, in conducting a walk-through of the security with supervisors. The lead agent typically oversees security at the entire event from airport arrival to event to hotel stay to airport departure.โ
Crabtree also reported that there is rampant dissatisfaction among Trumpโs security detail. One member committed suicide last year, she said.
Crabtreeโs report makes similar allegations to those made public by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who has Secret Service whistleblowers talking to his office. Hawley revealed last week that those whistleblowers view the lead site agentโthe one who apparently worked with the social media poster identified by Crabtreeโas โlacking competence and experience.โ
Citing a separate whistleblower, Hawley listed some of the agentโs terrible decisions that led Donald Trump almost beingย assassinated, a firefighter being murdered and two other attendees being hospitalized.
First, Hawley said, campaign material such as flags were permitted to be placed around the stage and catwalk used by the former president, despite the fact that these items were typically prohibited because of how they blocked agentsโ line-of-sight.
Second, Hawley continued, the Secret Service did not check IDs when issuing credentials that authorize access to restricted areas of the site, contrary to typical practice.
โThird, the whistleblower alleges that Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents at the July 13 event told campaign officials that they had never staffed a rally before and did not know proper procedure,โ Hawley added in a letter to Secret Service Acting Director Ronald Rowe.
Hawley has demanded the lead site agent to be removed from duty.
Ken Silva is a staff writer at Headline USA. Follow him at twitter.com/jd_cashless.




